2. In most of your projects, you use mirrors
as a medium. Do mirrors convey some messages in your projects? (like “Chanel”,
“Title”)
3. You mentioned that “ A good art work is
work that triggers people’s emotions” (能讓觀眾從自己的角度去觀看、體味、感受的作品,便是最好的創作) Then what kind of emotions that you
want to trigger in your artworks?
4. How does your life experience affect your
artworks? As you mentioned in an interview that you lived in public housing
estate when you were young, does that part of life affect you a lot?
5. In your artworks, people look
the same, no gender, no age, do you do it intentionally? If yes, why?
6. Some
of your artworks relate to love, what do you think about “love”?
7. Did any
painters or artists influence the way you paint?

Actually, I quite appreciate Castaly Leung as she is a positive person just like you described. Through her art works, I do really feel love and warm and relax, especially in her exhibition With Love which gives people an optimistic message and energy to overcome every difficulty in our daily life.
ReplyDeleteBesides, what I also like is her painting is abstract but pragmatic. Most of her works are describing the daily life but Castaly expresses them in an abstract way. Take Buoyantly as an example, she used the balloon cover with the dream which is the man daily life activities. This is quite interest me as it is really reflect our life which is sometimes repeat, repeat and repeat. Let me pay more attention in daily trivial things.
I want to know more about her first art work in your blog: Migrant Workers: To work for you. I am curious about what message or expression the artist want to convey. Maybe you can give me more details later.
From Chan Hoi Ying,Nancy, 51795431 (C04)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am interested in this artist. Actually I thought to select Castaly for assignment before. Castaly’s idea is from normal living experience. She just tries to voice her feeling towards the society about love. I think this attitude is very positive. She attempts to deliver enthusiastic message from her works.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that Castaly’s art works are warm and adorable. The combination of different colors arouses the feeling of harmony to appreciators. This can be supported by her work of “A Glad Ambel”. I feel contented with the duplicated pattern.
Besides, another unique feature is to use printmaking. Originally, it is boring to have repeated pattern again and again. But with Castaly’s design, I have opposite perception towards the final works. They are comfortable and natural. In Hong Kong, it is rare to produce art work by printmaking. I just wonder the rationale behind for this form. There are different forms to express her message. Why does Castaly use the repeated pattern to illustrate her idea? Thank you your recommendation.
By Yuen Man Wai, 52219185 (C04)